Before discussing types, symptoms, and treatment for alopecia areata it is important that you have deep knowledge about this. Alopecia areata is a skin disease that occurs in the form of bald patches. This hair loss problem can be from the head or part of the body. A huge number of the population is affected by this, which is why it is necessary to know about it. Basically, this condition is also known as spot baldness as it usually occurs on the scalp during the early stages of alopecia. In very rare cases there is the possibility of it spreading around all over the head or body but once it starts it can be spread in full head or body.
Based upon the condition’s effect on the body, alopecia is classified in various types which are characterized as follows:
- Diffuse areata in this the patient loses the hair of the scalp in a dispersed manner. Dermatologists suggest medicines and shampoos get rid of such a problem.
- Alopecia areata monolocularis, a condition in which a person starts losing hair from a particular spot on the scalp or head. In this condition, timely treatment would prevent the spreading of the condition on the various parts of the body.
- Alopecia areata multilocularis is the situation in which there are multiple bald spots which undergo their loss or complete baldness. Dermatologists call this situation multilocularis to describe the patient’s condition.
- Alopecia areata barbae is a situation faced by men in which they lose their hair from the beard. This condition is only affected by the beard or mustache.
- Alopecia totalis is again also an areata condition in which a person loses all the hair from the head.
Lastly, Alopecia Universalis, in this kind of alopecia areata the person loses all the hair from the scalp and the body. Alopecia totalis and alopecia Universalis are cases of complete hair loss but this seems to be a very rare case.
Next, comes when would you know you are suffering from areata? In the early stages of this skin condition, the person suffers from small bald patches or hair fall. The patches could be in any shape. In alopecia areas under hair loss grow slowly, while the other parts grow hair normally. If left untreated the condition may worsen or many even get alright without any medical treatment. But mostly facing this situation is very embarrassing and may severely impact a person’s self-confidence and personal life.
In many conditions, the hair loss is too fast and the person loses all the hair altogether from a particular part of the scalp. The cause of alopecia areata is not particularly known, but it is a disease in which the immune system attacks the hair follicles and thereby loss happens and further hair growth is restricted. For areata treatment, there are so many medically proven products available in the market that are safe and effective for the treatment.
Why its treatment is important:
Treatment of any disease is important. Alopecia is a disease when patients start looking strange and different. This disease can be a reason for low confidence and a stressful life. It is really very important that you visit a doctor as soon as possible so the condition does not become more severe.
There are so many dermatologists who provide effective alopecia treatment in Jabalpur. Such specialist doctors study the nature of your body and hair then they suggest you the right medication. Beyond the treatment, they also suggest patients have nutritious diets so that a person who is suffering from such a problem can cure soon.